Brevity Mortgage Services Inc. (BMSI) takes pride in the policies and procedures used to protect the personal information collected and maintained on behalf of our clients. Access to personal information is granted to our agents under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
Collection and Use of Information
To better understand your financial needs and make you aware of new services that could help you reach your goals, BMSI collects personal information from a variety of sources. Some personal information and some reasons it is collected include, but is not limited to, are:
- Data such as name, address, contact numbers, email contact, income, employment, age, net worth, investment objectives, and banking information;
- Unique identifiers: such as social insurance, driver’s license, passport numbers, etc.; used to fulfill regulatory and other governmental obligations to distinguish you from other clients with similar names;
- Information from a consumer reporting agency or other source, which may include account information and/or information about your creditworthiness. BREV uses this information to help determine the mortgage product that is suitable for your mortgage needs.
BMSI collects this information in order to provide the services you have requested, and to help us determine how BMSI or other non-affiliated companies may be of service to you.
Guidelines for Disclosure of Information
- BMSI may provide information to credit bureau agencies, financial institutions, insurers, private investors, creditor life company, etc.
- BMSI will use the information to determine your financial situation for purposes related to services that you have requested from Brevity Mortgages Inc. BMSI may also provide the information to others that work for Brevity Mortgages Inc, but only as needed for the provision of those services.
- BMSI will use your social insurance number as an aid to identify you with credit bureau agencies and financial institutions for credit history file matching purposes.
- BMSI may advise your Realtor/Builder/Financial Planner about the progress of your application.
- BMSI may use your information to promote Brevity Mortgages Inc. services to you.
BMSI will not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual(s) or as required by law.
Files are kept a minimum of three (3) years.
Confidentiality is the key to a strong relationship and BMSI is committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy statement is always available on our website; www.brevitymortgages.com. If you need clarification regarding this policy, please contact our Chief Compliance Officer at Unit 2&3, 6345 Dixie Road, Mississauga,ON L5T 2E6